Technology and Wellness
Today’s mobile technology advances make it easier to live well in a busy world. With the use of apps and tracking technology, you can monitor how much you exercise, what you eat, how well you sleep and even how much stress you feel. While there are thousands of mobile apps to choose from, here are a few worth checking out to help you on your health and wellness journey.
- Sleep Cycle. Tired of being ripped out of a sound sleep? This alarm clock app actually monitors your sleep cycle and wakes you during your lightest sleep phase. You can download for free from the App Store or Google Play.
- Superfood HD. For less than a dollar, you can research “superfoods” and recipes to use them in. This app can integrate with Facebook for customized lists based on your personal nutrition goals.
- Calorie Counter. Easily keep track of your daily calorie consumption with this app. With over 500,000 foods in its database, you can download for free.
- Fooducate. This app grades your favorite foods based on nutritional facts and ingredients. You can also browse already graded items, keep track of your average food grade and calorie counts and receive diet tips and trending recipes.
- Lose It! This popular free app helps you set up a personalized weight loss plan and tracks your meals and exercise. You can connect several different devices for more accurate tracking.
- Fitness Buddy. With its large exercise database, Fitness Buddy allows you to customize a routine that works for you. You can learn new exercises and bond with a fitness community for just $2.99.
- Authentic Yoga with Deepak Chopra and Tara Styles. Whether you’re beginner or advanced, this app shows you routines for improving your strength, balance and flexibility and only costs 99 cents.
- Heartwise Blood Pressure Tracker. This app helps you record and track your blood pressure, heartrate and weight and helps explain what the data means.
Looking for more? Find what works for you!