Information on this website is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. The data set forth herein is for informational purposes only, and no warranty is made that the information is error-free. Please note that once you leave this site or arrive at this site from another non-Meritain location, either by using a link we may have provided for your convenience or by specifying your own destination, Meritain accepts no responsibility for the content, products and/or services provided at these non-Meritain locations. Meritain does not control, endorse, promote or have any affiliation with any other website unless expressly stated herein.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL MERITAIN BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER HYPER-LINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA ON YOUR EQUIPMENT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Changes to This Site
Information may be changed or updated without notice. Meritain has no obligation to update information presented on this website, so information contained herein may be out of date at any given time. Meritain may also make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or programs described in this information at any time without notice.
Products and Services Offerings
The product and/or services descriptions, if any, provided on this site are not intended to constitute offers to sell or solicitations in connection with any product or service.
Covered services and preferred benefits are provided under the terms of the applicable plan contract, including limitations and exclusions.
Anyone interested in a particular product should contact their Meritain representative to request a complete description of the product and/or service in question.
The Meritain Health and all other trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, URLs and icons ("Marks") appearing on this website, registered or not, are the property of Meritain. or their respective owners. Nothing on this website grants you any right or license to use any of the Marks on this site without the express written permission of Aetna Inc. or the third party owners of the Marks. Unauthorized use may violate trademark and other laws.
Not a Solicitation
Nothing in this site should be construed as a solicitation or offer to purchase services from Meritain or any of its affiliated companies.
Not a Substitute for Professional Health Care or Advice
The health information contained in these websites is general in nature and is not a substitute for professional health care. It is not meant to replace the advice of health care professionals. If you have specific health care needs, or for complete health information, please see a doctor or other health care provider.
Collecting and using personal information
Welcome to Meritain.com. We appreciate your interest in us. As you navigate this site and communicate with us via this site, we may ask you to disclose certain personal information so that we can provide you with the highest quality information and services. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to disclose your personal information to us via this site, we are providing you with the following information about how we collect and use personal information. By “personal information,” we mean data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, social security number, e-mail address, or telephone number.
- We may use personal information for the following purposes:
Verifying your identity so that we can be sure that all of our communications with you are secure and confidential;
Responding to inquiries or requests from you;
Delivering web-based products and services to you, such as our health risk assessment.
- We will not collect personal information about you unless you provide us that information voluntarily.
- Where required by law or regulation, you will be able to update the information that you provide to us either by sending us an e-mail or, where you have established personal profiles with us, by updating your profile online. Please refer to the specific pages where data is collected for more information.
- Except in connection with the sale, transfer, merger, consolidation or other transaction involving all or part of our company, we will not sell, license or otherwise transfer any rights to your personal information to any third party unless expressly authorized by you.
- We may transmit or disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
If required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena, regulatory oversight, or other legal process;
To enable Meritain contractors or vendors to perform certain services for us, including, but not limited to, website maintenance and
performance improvement tasks.
- This website is not directed to and we will not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from minors under the age of twelve (12) without their parents’ consent.
In all cases, we will disclose your personally identifiable information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose it was provided.
Collecting and using non-personally identifiable information
You should also be aware that when you visit our website, we collect certain non-personally-identifiable and aggregate information about you. This data helps us to analyze and improve the usefulness of the information we provide at this website. In order for you to make an informed decision about whether to use and navigate our website, we are providing you with the following information about how we collect and use non-personally identifiable and aggregate information. By “non-personally-identifiable information, we mean information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with anonymous "usage data," such as the number of unique visitors we receive, what pages are visited most often and the navigation preferences and characteristics of our visitors.
- Web browser information. Web browsers collect and store information about the type of device and operating system you are using to access our website, as well as your device’s MAC address for facilitating network communications. Accessing this information helps us to establish a secure and consistent connection to you during your visits to our website.
- "Cookie" technology. A "cookie" is an element of data that a website can send to your browser when you link to that website. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The cookie does not extract other personal information about you, such as your name or address.
- Tracking pixels or beacons. These techniques use electronic files to track your navigation of our website, your completion of transactions and other browsing behavior.
- IP Address: When you subscribe to an Internet Service Provider (ISP), your computing device is assigned an IP Address. We track and store this address to help us manage security and monitor usage volume and patterns.
Meritain does not serve advertising on Meritain.com. However, we do engage online advertising service providers to serve ads on other sites, based on web pages you may have visited or your search engine activity. Currently, Meritain.com does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from browsers.
We welcome your comments or questions about our website and have provided e-mail boxes for that purpose. We will share your comments and questions with our customer service representatives and those employees most capable of addressing your questions and concerns.
Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. If you wish, you may contact us instead via telephone at the numbers provided at various locations on our sites or, in the case of our health plan members, at the Member Services toll-free number that appears on your ID card.
There are some locations on our website where we have made special provisions for a more secure environment in which we can exchange information with you. At each of these locations, we will provide you with appropriate instructions.
Linking to other sites
From time to time, our website may provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by Meritain, that we think might be useful or of interest to you. We cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various non-Meritain websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by Meritain of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
Privacy policies applicable to those sites will appear on those sites and may differ from this meritain.com Web Privacy Statement.
We have adopted and adhere to stringent security standards designed to protect non-public personal information at Meritain.com against accidental or unauthorized access or disclosure. Among the safeguards that Meritain has developed for this site are administrative, physical and technical barriers that together protect this web site and our other internal systems from unauthorized access or use. We periodically subject our site to simulated intrusion tests and have developed comprehensive disaster recovery plans.
Changes to this statement
Meritain may change this statement from time to time; when updates are made, the privacy statement version date (located at the bottom of this privacy statement) will also be updated to reflect that a revision occurred. We encourage you to periodically reread this privacy statement to see if there have been any changes that may affect you. This statement is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Privacy statement update: 2/1/15