The past year has been an interesting one, to say the least. Major shifts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the subsequent need for mental health support and awakening on racial inequality are all shaping the ways we access and use health care.
As we work together to face and overcome challenges, the smart use of health data and technology is at the forefront of providing equitable care to help members live stronger, healthier lives.
The 2021 Health Trends Report, released recently by our parent company CVS Health, features ten current trends and how they’re impacting the health care industry:
- Digital health records, how they help eliminate fragmentation of health data, and free access for patients to their medical files
- Improved oncology treatment paths, with mortality rates decreasing over the past 20 years
- The urgent need for mental health and well-being, and how to address it to reduce the stigma
- Developments in cardiac care, including patient-friendly, digital tools
- Expanding roles of pharmacists in whole health patient care, and administration of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Using data and artificial intelligence to predict and avoid a health crisis
- Meeting the unique needs of patients 65 and older to facilitate long, healthy lives
- Mitgating the high cost of new “medical miracle” treatments
- Adopting the mainstream shift to virtual care, especially telemedicine
- Closing racial gaps to diabetes care in communities—what are the next steps?
Want to read more?
Download this informative report from CVS Health.